Monday, April 24, 2023

POST-flood COVENANT

 

Genesis 9:16

King James Version

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; 

and I will look upon it, 

that I may remember the everlasting covenant 

between God and every living creature of all flesh 

that is upon the earth.


We all know about the flood.

A result of GOD's WRATH upon the evil in people.

Only Noah and his family were spared.

Apart from the animals GOD told him to put in the ark.

After the flood, GOD established a covenant between Him, and "every living creature of all flesh".


Genesis 9:8-17

King James Version

8 And God spake unto Noah, 

and to his sons with him, saying,

9 And I, behold, 

I establish my covenant with you, 

and with your seed after you;

10 And with every living creature that is with you, 

of the fowl, of the cattle, 

and of every beast of the earth with you; 

from all that go out of the ark, 

to every beast of the earth.

11 And I will establish my covenant with you, 

neither shall all flesh be cut off any more 

by the waters of a flood; 

neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12 And God said, 

This is the token of the covenant 

which I make between me and you 

and every living creature that is with you, 

for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, 

and it shall be for a token of a covenant 

between me and the earth.

14 And it shall come to pass, 

when I bring a cloud over the earth, 

that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

15 And I will remember my covenant, 

which is between me and you 

and every living creature of all flesh; 

and the waters shall no more become a flood 

to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; 

and I will look upon it, 

that I may remember the everlasting covenant 

between God and every living creature of all flesh 

that is upon the earth.

17 And God said unto Noah, 

This is the token of the covenant, 

which I have established between me 

and all flesh that is upon the earth.


Still, man continues to sin.

If not a flood anymore, what then?

How shall GOD punish the wicked, next time around?

Scripture told us of a different way here.


Related posts:

GOD's LOVE

GOD's RAINBOW

GOD's WRATH


Image: Pixabay


The 17 goals

  1 Corinthians 14:40 King James Version 40 Let all things be done decently  and in order . SPIRIT and I have started a series of articles ...