Friday, December 2, 2022

Being MARSHALLED to the MARSHALLS

 

Exodus 20:9

King James Version

9 Six days shalt thou labour, 

and do all thy work:


A very strange thing happened on the creation of this 67th blog.

I found myself preparing the soil for it for at least six days.

Even as the seeds have been planted since I was a curious child.

Normally, I could create a blog, or two, in just a day.

But GOD wanted me to take deeper thought into this one.

First day, SPIRIT guided me to write an article on Thanksgiving:

"A REASON to GIVE thanks"


I wanted to know what American Thanksgiving really stood for.

Little did I know GOD would give me a lovely onion, wherein every thought, every idea, every urge, led to more discoveries.

But ought I be surprised, a discovery-loving born again?

Such is the ways of SPIRIT to those who love GOD, and believe in JESUS.

He reveals more of the TRIUNE GOD's ways.

From that article, I was particularly intrigued by the word "Puritan".

I thought to myself, that definitely deserved a deeper look.

On the second day?

Lo, and behold, SPIRIT leads me to a book the following day at a favorite second-hand bookshop.

I haven't read any other book since GOD made me born again over three years ago.

The Bible sufficed.

GOD was really leading His sheep to something.




So, I read the 359-page book over a period of three days.

I also found myself taking notes, ending up with 22 pages, just to serve my memory.

In my heart, I knew I was on to something.

The feeling kept growing each day.

So, I merely followed the clues, and prompts, SPIRIT always leads me to .

On the sixth day?

SPIRIT and I create this 67th blog.

With the intention we recognize GOD's hand in EVERYTHING.

"The Light and the Glory", by Peter Marshall and David Manuel, turned out to be an invaluable CHRISTIAN reference on the founding of America.

Through the patience and perseverance of both Yale-educated authors, they were able to unearth, and were given, TONS of material you won't find on normal history books.

Such as the PRESENCE of GOD in the heart of the pioneering Christopher Columbus, George Washington, and John Adams.

Of course, it's well-known about the faith of the Pilgrims, and the Puritans.

To add another layer to the story, as I was writing that Thanksgiving article on 25 November 2022, the name Peter Marshall comes to mind.

He was spoken of by Dr. David R. Reagan in the two videos GOD gave me to study.

Those videos opened my heart to the urgency of the times.

Right there and then, GOD made me born again.

He had work for me to do, blogs, and all.

That's been over three years now.

And yet, I've always been intrigued by the chaplain to Washington presidents, Dr. Peter Marshall.

Another layer to the onion unfolds.

"The Light and the Glory" turned out to have been written by his son, also named Peter Marshall.

The other layer to the onion that unfolds is the Peter Marshalls, and David Manuel, have since gone on to the LORD, and yet their work is not forgotten.

At least, not by mini me.

This blog will be vast, in scope.

And all because GOD led me to write about American Thanksgiving.

Where Dr. Reagan called America's attention to its being "ripe" for GOD's wrath and correction, Peter Marshall and David Manuel calls our attention to how America was founded, under GOD's banner.

That there was a very deep CHRISTIAN root to it all.

That GOD guided every believer to the founding of America.

That there were many instances of striking "divine providence" which no man can defy.

GOD's will be done.

That was a definite in that Marshall/Manuel book.

In my 1977 copy of "The Light and the Glory", the subtitle was:

"Did God have a plan for America?"


Before GOD led me to buy that book, that was the VERY question in my heart, too.

GOD merely led me to the book which answered it.

America was once the purveyor of freedom.

How is America now?

Does America believe in GOD?

Is America still respected?

Where is America heading for?

Those were the questions that played in my mind as I wrote that Thanksgiving article.

I needed and wanted to know why America is the way it is now.

Of course, we turn to its leadership.

The book spoke of the FIRST three presidents, from George Washington, to John Adams, to Thomas Jefferson.

As I read about the faith of these presidents, I seemed to have an inkling where America would be heading.

This blog had to be created.

That was a certainty.

Even just for my own personal study.

But you are welcome to look into what I'd found, or will be finding.

Thus, the title of this 67th blog, "GOD's power over nations".

For a born again, only GOD has TRUE power.

The HOLY SPIRIT and I have created 66 other blogs, hundreds of posts, and 24 spiritual warfare books, to prove just that.

Why, then, are we not acknowledging GOD's power?

JESUS gives a clear answer:

John 8:47

King James Version

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: 

ye therefore hear them not, 

because ye are not of God.


I knew this blog will explore more about the faith of American presidents, and other nations.

I want to see the results of obedience to GOD.

As well as consequences of disobedience.

The Marshall book fueled my growing interest on the founding, growth, fall, and redemption of nations.

Starting with America.

Click here to know about the faith of American presidents.


Helpful material:

RELATED posts


Number 6 image: Clipart Max

Book image by author


The 17 goals

  1 Corinthians 14:40 King James Version 40 Let all things be done decently  and in order . SPIRIT and I have started a series of articles ...